You may remember this piece of randomness that I created not long ago. This was created by randomly stitching together a range of fabrics from my scrap box. The red strips are folded red satin.
I decided to unrandomise it somewhat. I cut it all into 8in squares and stitched them back together (randomly). The interesting part of this was that even though it was a very uneven shaped piece of fabric, I managed to cut exactly 16 8″ squares…there were only a couple of tiny slivers left over!.
Here it is all stitched back together and ready to quilt.
Here it is finished. “Onwards and Upwards (Many Paths)” 69 x 67 cm (27 x 26.5 “)
The red satin pieces are set into the seams so that they are actually raised from the surface..creates and interesting texture, as well as making a feature of the “Paths”